Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another Close Call...

Just another one of my crazy, could have died, stories. Haha
Ok so last Thursday I went over to my guy friend's Jade's house. And actually a bunch of my guy friends live there. These guys were all roommates with my friend Melissa's husband Tyler last year before they got married. We're all pretty good friends and I have a blast with them. Ok so me and Jade were sitting upstairs watching the Jazz game when suddenly there is a large bang in the room below us. And when I say large bang I mean like ear splitting crash. Ok so we yell down the stairs to see what happened and no one answered.. Well right when the sound happened I knew exactly what it was. It was a gun shot.. And the reason I knew this is because when I had gotten there Jake had been playing with one down in the living room. So when no one answered when we yelled I was like freaking out. So we run downstairs and we finally figured out what happened. Jake and Bill were down in the living room and Jake had been playing with his .45 pistol. Well the clip wasn’t in it so he didn’t think there was a bullet in it. So he was just playing with it and it ended up going off. Well thank heavens it wasn’t pointing at him or Bill. That would have been bad news. Ok so instead it was pointing up…. Yup that’s right, it went right into the ceiling DIRECTLY below the exact spot I was sitting. Well I didn't have a bullet in me, so something happened to change the its course. We don’t know what happened though. The bullet must have hit something in the ceiling that changed its course because if it had gone along the path it was headed it should have it would have gone directly up to where I was sitting. So I would say that I am pretty darn lucky that it did not. We couldn’t find the bullet hole where it came out though. So ya I have no idea where it went, but thank heavens it didn’t continue it’s original path! So anyways, that is my crazy experience of the week.
So ya, my car accident in June, the 2 other times when I have almost gotten into some pretty bad accidents the last year and now this... I guess I am pretty lucky!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Holy cow! That scares me! Please don't ever go over there again when they have a gun out! How dumb can they be!! I'm really upset by how close that was Mel. I'm grateful that nothing serious happened, but it's still a serious thing. Do they realize what could have happened? Okay, I'm going to calm down now because you're safe, but please be careful! And tell those idiots to be careful and not to play with guns. I love ya!

Isaac Family said...

K. Freaky!!! PLEASE tell those guys to not underestimate guns! I am so thankful there wasn't a different outcome! Thank you so much for what you wrote on my blog- you are such a sweetheart!!!

Jen said...

Holy crap mellors! Stay safe till little dan gets home ok. Don't hang around people with guns. He He