Friday, October 8, 2010

My Birthday Boy!!

My amazing husband had a birthday last Tuesday on September 28. We spent the night out and had dinner down at the Gateway at Tucanos, which is a Brazilian steakhouse for those of you who don't know. So of course its one of Danny's favorite places to go since he served his mission in Brazil, plus its all you can eat meat so of course he loves it. Also an FYI to you all, I guess you can go to the Tucanos website and sign up to be on their birthday club. They send you a postcard for your birthday that you can go any time during your birthday month and buy one meal get one free. Danny had signed both of us up for it so we were able to use it on his birthday and get both our meals for 20 bucks before tax and tip and stuff. So it is an awesome deal and I suggest if you like a good steakhouse meal you should go sign up for it. It's delicious! Here's the handsome birthday boy at Tucanos! He's such a stud!
When we got home he got to open my presents to him
I wasn't going to put up all of the pictures of what I got him, but then I decided it was more fun to show you rather than just tell you!
He got a brown polo from AeroHaha and I think this picture is just funny and cute of him
MLB 2010 for his Playstation 3
Iron Man 2, the Blu Ray, DVD and Digital copy
A button-up shirt from Kohls that he had liked
I made him open this one last because I knew that it would be his favorite and that he would have no idea he was getting it. You can't see it very well in the picture but it is Fifa Soccer 2011 for his PS3. Every time we went to a store for the last like 5 months he would go look at Fifa Soccer 2010 and would always talk about how he wanted it so bad, but he would never just buy it. So when I was trying to figure out what to get him for his birthday I was trying to find a good deal on it and realized that the 2011 version was coming out on his birthday. So I was really excited because he had no idea that the new one was coming out for his birthday. And I'm pretty sure I ended up being right that it was his favorite present. He has played it almost every day since he got it and he is already like way good at it. Haha.
*******************
It was lots of fun to get to spend the day celebrating Danny and his birthday. I pretty much have the most amazing husband in the world. He is such a sweetheart and I love him so much. I don't know what I would do without him. I have the cutest story about him to show just how amazing he is. I have been meaning to post about this for weeks, but I haven't been good at blogging again. So several weeks ago at work I was having a really crazy and stressful day. I had 2 members that had come in with problems that took me forever to work out with them, and then another one that came in that wanted to do an international wire transfer right before close that turned out to be a disaster. So anyways it was just one of those days that I just couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Well I hadn't talked to Danny at all that afternoon because I was so busy at work. So he didn't even know that I was having a crummy day. So when I finally got home I was very surprised that he had bought me flowers for no reason at all. They were sitting on my counter. It was like the sweetest thing ever. And it couldn't have happened on a better day cuz I was in such a bad mood and it was just so sweet that it made my night turn right around. That was the day he also bought the wall hangings for the baby's room that I had wanted, which I talked about in my last post. I didn't get those for a few days, but it was just so sweet of him to even think to get me flowers or those, cuz he had no reason to do it. He is just amazing like that. I love him so much! And there are so many days I will come home from work and he will have straightened the apartment or cooked dinner, or the other day I got home and he had bought me a donut from Beyond Glazed (which I am pregnant so of course treats are very exciting for me). He's just adorable and I am so happy that he is mine!
Here is a picture of me with the flowers
And one with him and the flowers... Haha I love that he is such a goof
Just another angle of the flowers. They were so pretty and they didn't die for like 2 weeks so they were fun and cheerful to have around the house.

7 comments:

Kie said...

Awww Mel! You and Danny are so Cute!!! I love it! :)

Diana said...

What a sweet guy! I hope you guys had a great anniversary! I can't believe it's already been a year! You guys are going to be such great parents!

Isaac Family said...

Happy Birthday Danny! Glad you guys had fun! P.S. I can't believe you have only 59 more days... soooo soon! Crazy!

Kimberly said...

Yes, he's a keeper Mel! Those flowers were so pretty and way to go Danny for being so in tune. Happy Birthday again and I promise next year our gift wont be so lame :) Ha! Ha!

Jenn said...

So sweet! I'm glad he had a great birthday - I need to go to Tucanos - sounds yummy!

Sam Whitney Preslie said...

MelanieCONGRATS on the little girl that is so exciting :) i didnt know you were expecting... funny story your little sister Laurie is my little sister Matteas best friend she was over at my parents and talking about her family when we connected it all togehter. little girls are so fun.. your going to be a great Mommy :)

Britt and Neal said...

You need a new update!